Wednesday, May 3, 2017

FAMILY And TRADITIONS: WITH A FULL HEART

WITH A FULL HEART:
These petunias grace my front steps every spring, summer and way into the fall.  I snapped a shot of the last few blooms, they were still up and blooming into NOVEMBER!  I felt a lot like these flowers.  I was trying to keep blooming, but dying off rapidly.  When I type I go every which way, so this is very difficult to put together for me. 

I was asked to share my VASAYO story, so bear with me as I tend ramble, and sometimes get off track. 

I was introduced to VASAYO by my youngest brother.  He was enthused and SURE that it would help what was going on with my health.  I'm sure you could hear the "SNORT" all the way into the next county!  Why would I do that? you might ask.  Well starting off, a veteran of many multi level marketing and selling phases in my adult life.  So....  A little back story here..

Shaklee when I was first married.  My Mother-In-Law was an assistant supervisor level and VERY gungho. 
Tupperware... yes I was a Tupperware lady for a while in order to continue being a stay at home mama.  Put groceries on the table. 
Enrich.. a little later on... bust
Arbonne ... a LOT later on..  FABULOUS product but not in the income bracket of most of the folks that I would rub elbows with.  Worked full time, didn't have time to beat a dead horse. 
IDLIFE... again product itself was great, but the company lost momentum, and just wasn't on the ball.  Customer service was not great, and their billing system was a mess. 

MORE backstory:  I was an extremely healthy individual my entire life.  In 2005 my entire world unraveled.  I was ill with a virus and shortly after was in full thyroid storm.  My husband rushed me to the ER sure that I was having a heart attack.  My lab numbers were astronomical.  My system was flooded with excess thyroid hormones and gone berserk.  My heart rate was 156... can't remember the rest of the ##s except it was horrible.  They would not allow me to go to my regular provider as she was a nurse practitioner, I was forced to see an internist who blasted me with prescription medications.  The 93 lb. weight loss I had recently accomplished was blown out of the water by pills..  I ballooned back to my starting weight in less than 4 months. 

Those folks with a medical practice ... yes they were PRACTISING... didn't know what they were doing!!!  Removed my thyroid when it became so enlarged I choked on things that I tried to swallow.  Fast forward through a year of medication adjustments that did NO good. My body rejected the T4 only hormone drug Levothyroxine (Synthroid)  I felt worse and worse, convinced that I might die.  That was just how bad it felt to be so extremely insufficient in enough thyroid hormone to exist (removing the thyroid caused me to be hypothyroid, not enough hormone).  After nearly a year of this, I had a visit with the so-called endocrinologist.  My eyes were yellow, my skin was yellow and I felt very ill.  My body functions did not function.  She said oh... we'll adjust to *** mcg and I will see you in 6 months.  My mouth hung open and I was just DONE.  I said "No, you won't because I will be DEAD by then, YOU'RE FIRED!!!" 

Following on the heels of the Graves Disease was a parade of "endocrinologists" (to date 3 have been FIRED for not doing me any good)  Hand in hand with the Graves disease was Thyroid Eye Disease.  TED is my buddy... sigh...  once my best feature, my eyes began to bulge out of the sockets as scar tissue built up and pushed them out of their home.  Auto immune diseases are very inflammatory.  Your own body does not recognize your own cells and they fight against each other.  There is a full blown WAR inside this chemistry experiment we call a body. 

Quick on the heels of the first 2 autoimmune diseases came Type II Adult onset Diabetes.  My Hemoglobin A1c was over 12.  Fine thing right there, finger sticks, testing, insulin, pills MORE pills..

Along with BIG THREE came Hidradenitis Suppurativa, Celiac, and Hypokalemic Syndrome, Metabolic Syndrome, and last but not least Addison's Disease over about a 9 year span.  My life story at that point was called "Living in Auto Immune HELL" 

During this entire sentence in hell, I had to fight an employer who had me on the "to fire" list.  If I were fired before I retired, I would only get monies that I had put into my retirement and would LOSE all my contractual income that was placed in the Public Employees Retirement System.  So the war was ON!  I fought HARD for what I had earned at a very difficult job.  With 5 months remaining until my retirement date, I broke my back by coughing.  It was so bizarre, no one, least of all me could believe it.  I broke my vertebrae in my lower back and the disc between was ruptured.  It pinched a large nerve bundle that controls the left side from the spine down.  I was in a wheelchair for 3 months, fighting the system for surgery that would correct this and get me back on my feet.  By this time there was damage done.  I also was informed that I was in a severe state of osteoporosis.  I had broken a lot of leg and lower bones, but thought I was just old and clumsy.  Surgery, therapy, devices to help me walk.. walker and cane when needed..  I retired 5 months early and was penalized $300.00 a month.  But I GOT my retirement at least. 

Things went along... life happens... I was not in great shape, but still doing things I loved... making the best of a bad situation.  My spirit and heart had been battered but I was hanging in there.  My mama passed away, life went on. 

(OMG... Is this War and Peace???)  No getting there slowly, like I do everything.  On the day after Christmas in 2014 I died.  My husband and I were off to a "date night" as per every Friday... I was fine, and 5 minutes later I pulled over and became extremely ill, my body was calling it quits.  I would learn that Addison's Disease had reared it's VERY ugly head.  Addisonian Crisis is not fun.  Lots of fast paced drama, IV's.  When I arrived at ER I had NO blood pressure measurable, and my pulse was something like 9.  Yep... dead.  They brought me back. 

So I had more education in AutoImmune.  Things went along, I went to Endocrinologist #3 who was fired shortly thereafter.  She did do me the service of providing me with an emergency injection that would buy me enough time to GET to the emergency room.  Provided that I give up many things that I love (remote places, fishing, photography, in the boonies, in the forest)  HAHAHAHA.  I'm dying.. why would I give up what I LOVE!??!!  on the off chance that they can bring me back after I get there. 

Life goes on... my dad followed my mama into the next part of THEIR journey.  A grandson is born.  I am doing a period wedding for my kids..  Living... while I have TIME to live.



Picture Break:  Yeah... proud mama, proud mamaw!   

Fast forward (yayyyy!) The next Addisonian Crisis occurred just that way... doing something I loved (Rendezvous) in the boonies (far NE Oregon on the confluence of the Wenaha and Grande Ronde Rivers in tiny Troy, Oregon.  The early morning hours of our kids wedding.  Once again, I was saved by medical intervention.  It was nearly an hour to help... several miles straight up to get cell service.  At 4 a.m. no less. 

(picture to break the boredom) They get me to the tiny regional hospital in time... Iv's same crap different surroundings.  Lots of drama.  I insisted that they unhook me.  I am the drill sgt. for this wedding and it WILL go off without any more hitches.  Only thing getting hitched is the kids!    ER dr. is PRICELESS!  She says to me "you know you're going to die from this right?"  I just laughed.  It was funny to me.  I have already died twice now... bring it.  So enough of War And Peace. 

VASAYO!   12 months later... being introduced to this product.  I'm a HARD sell.  I'm hoping that it might be okay, but skeptical.  Not really enthused at all.  But I would do absolutely anything to help my brother.  So I said OKAY.  I ordered.  I joined.  I don't have MONEY for a founders pack.. but I'm here for ya.  I could not afford the $1076.00 in copay for my prescriptions.  I had just dropped two very expensive drugs off my list.  (keeping only one insulin and a couple pills that make things RUN... thyroid and adrenal.) 

Found out those pill were doing basically NOTHING for my Type 2.  Cha ching for Big Pharma.  My number were HIGH regardless whether I had them or not.  Last A1c was 8.1  I was still missing my goal of 7.0 by a mile.  Enter VASAYO! 

April was very busy, I got my product around the second week of the month... 8th or something like.  My immediate result was my fasting morning glucose level had dropped!  Dramatically.  It continued to stay MUCH lower than it had been running.. I was doing a little happy dance...  THEN the sleep started happening.  I had begun with only 3 products as I was wary to bombard my body with too much..  (silly me)  I had the Renew for my joints and other painful parts and the drastic systemic inflammation that comes with AutoImmune Cluster. 

My new friend Steve was caught off guard I think by my language when I said AutoImmune Cluster is just that a Cluster... well expletive... LOL!   He mentioned it when he introduced me to our group last week, so it must have made an impression... (probably not a great one...) 

Short detour.  It's Rendezvous time again... and we attended.  I was very BUSY... finishing a 102x102" quilt for our group raffle with only one day to spare.  (4 1/2 weeks on an emergency, gotta help mission)  And BAM... the day after we returned home, Addisonian Crisis again.. only 12 months separated them this time.  I was feeling pretty sorry for me, as that "closing the gap" portion time wise is pretty scary... they just keep getting closer and closer until the inevitable happens.  Upside to this is that previous recovery times from these type of episodes were 60 to 90 days.  This happened on APRIL 24, 2017.  I have been back up and running now for a few days. 
(another picture break)


There I go again.. back to products.  I had the Energy... and for the first time in a VERY long time I got 7 hours of solid sleep without being interrupted by pain or other malfunctions.  It wasn't even the advertised "Sleep" spray..  It was ENERGY??!!!  Wow... just wow.  So without being too graphic (look up Hidradenitis Suppurativa)  I had nearly NO inflammation from this disorder on the skin surface.  I had SLACK skin... (wrinkles... OMG)  but the inflammation had gone down such a drastic amount....  My husband was so impressed I have gotten him to start taking the product as well.  With wonderful result.  He has had 4 level back surgery, has arthritis and pain beyond... it has improved in LESS THAN A WEEK... A heart attack 2 years ago left him feeling pretty down about his prospects.  He was SMILING yesterday, and I believe I may just have my husband back again... happy dance again. 

My faith is huge... I had prayed consistently throughout this ordeal that started in 2005.  Asking GOD: "What is the answer?".

Please let me be smart enough to see it in whatever form it takes.  MY answer is here.  My answer is VASAYO.  That is my story until now...   Stay tuned for future installments.  However long the future may be, I will be here.  Blogging like I talk...   

If I can have quality time for the life I have LEFT, and if I can gift others with this product and give THEM quality... I will rest easy. 

Not one to ignore when the MAN upstairs is KNOCKING on top of my head!    One of the scriptures I read today was this... how fitting! 

Job

42 Then Job said in reply to Jehovah:
 “Now I know that you are able to do all things
And that nothing you have in mind to do is impossible for you. 

Unashamed to claim my spirituality, I pray to you Heavenly FATHER, MOST HIGH whose name is above all Jehovah. Giving thanks for all that I have and all that I am.  I thank you on behalf all who will benefit from technology, and have quality time in which to acknowledge YOU are most high over all the earth.  Praying for YOUR kingdom to come here on earth as it has in Heaven, forgiveness when I sin, and giving thanks for the gift of your SON Christ Jesus, through whom all things are possible.  In Jesus Name I thank you and pray you bless our humble endeavors.  Amen.

May 1st 2019!  POSTSCRIPT:   I am so busy living that I haven't been blogging nearly as much as I had hoped... just not enough hours in the day!  

Sadly Vasayo, like many up and coming companies, likes to change their "formulations"  Less than a year into my journey, I found that my product had quit working for me.  So the search continues.  

Gastro Paresis ... hmmmm well more education for me, more searching for answers.  I try to advocate for those with auto immune disorders.  It is a journey.  


2 comments:

  1. ♥♥♥ Beautiful cousin ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks cuz! If only I can be a little better each day than I was the day before... I will be happy!

      Delete